Thursday 17 February 2011

Reading Matter.


I've found i've got a real thing for Scandanavian crime fiction. I think it started with the Stieg Larsson Millenium trilogy, which I actually loved. I've moved from Sweden to Norway and am now pretty much reading Jo Nesbo's entire collection back to back. I originally picked up a copy of The Snowman as I was in Waterstones one day and they had his book on offer near the checkout with a "The next Steig Larsson" sticker on the front cover. I must admit that was what first drew me to the book. Anyway I bought it and read it in a matter of days.

I've read, The Redbreast, The Devil Star, The Leopard, i'm currently reading The Redeemer and have already got Nemesis lined up when that is finished. On the back of his recent success his publishers seem to have re-published his entire back catalogue. One annoying thing is the have plastered the "Next Stieg Larsson" thing across the cover of them all. I know they are aiming to sell books and it worked with me think they are actually doing Jo Nesbo a disservice. He's a very good writer in his own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment